Colour Blast Terms and Conditions 2019
By entering the Colour Blast 2019 you confirm that you have read and agreed with the Terms and Conditions laid out in this document.
• These booking terms and conditions apply to everyone who takes part in the Colour Blast 2019.
• All participants in the Colour Blast 2019 do so at their own risk. Under no circumstances will Dr Kershaw’s Hospice be liable for any injuries, loss or damages whatsoever, including indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential losses connected with any aspect of this event.
• During the Colour Blast event there will be many occasions when large amounts of coloured paint is present in the air and directed towards participants bodies. Colour Blast 2019 paint is non-toxic and 100% biodegradable. If you feel appropriate, please check with your GP first before taking part, especially if you have an undiagnosed or diagnosed respiratory, skin, other medical condition or if you are pregnant or could be pregnant.
• We recommend that you wear eye protection throughout the course and that you protect your airways when in contact with paint and paint clouds to avoid inhalation.
• During the event you will come in direct contact with coloured paint powder. Due to the nature of the dyes used, some staining may occur. It is the participant responsibility to come suitably dressed for the event. Dr Kershaw’s Hospice can take no responsibility for colour stains on any clothing, shoes or vehicles (including prams and wheelchairs).
• Your entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
• There is no charge for children aged 3 or under however they will not receive either paint or a t-shirt.
• The child entry fee applies to children aged of 4 to 17 years.
• For those aged 18 years and above, the adult entry fee applies.
• All children must be accompanied by a fee paying adult over the age of 18.
• 100% of the sponsorship monies you raise should be donated to Dr Kershaw’s Hospice. You should not deduct your entry fee from the aforementioned funds.
• Only fee paying participants, identified by wearing an official Colour Blast 2019 t-shirt, can take part in the Colour Blast event, however we’d love your friends and family to watch all the fun and join in the party – so please bring them along to watch.
Children aged 0-17 must take part alongside a fee paying adult (over 18) and must be accompanied and supervised throughout the event.
• School groups and youth groups must have adequate supervision.
• All participants are responsible for completing the reverse of their running number and displaying the number prominently during the Colour Blast. It is the participant’s responsibility to dispose of their running number appropriately, given that there is personal information recorded on it.
• Although the course is on a maintained pathway, we cannot guarantee the integrity of the surface, especially after, during or before inclement or adverse weather conditions.
• The course is accessible to wheelchair users and children’s prams however, if you have any concerns about accessibility, please contact the (Fundraising team firstname.lastname@example.org 0161 624 9984)
• Dogs are welcome to join in the Colour Blast but they do so at their owner’s risk. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times, owners must be mindful of the presence of loud noises and small children and always pick up and dispose of their dog’s mess.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Whilst the powder and the ease with which it washes out of clothing and from skin has been tested by our supplier, it has not been tested on animals.
For information about the coloured powder used at this event, click here
Changes to Event
• Dr Kershaw’s Hospice reserves the right to alter the start time and/or date of the event at any time. Should this occur and the participant is unable to attend on the new given date/time, entry fees will be refunded in full and participants must contact their sponsors to offer them the opportunity of a refund.
• Dr Kershaw’s Hospice reserves the right to cancel this event at any time. In the event of a cancellation, entry fees will be refunded upon return of Colour Blast packs (including t-shirts and paint packs).
• In the event of inclement weather, Dr Kershaw’s team will assess the risks and advise participants via social media, Revolution Radio and email as to the decision on whether to run the event.
• All those taking part in the Colour Blast 2019 do so at their own risk.
• Dr Kershaw’s Hospice reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone failing to meet the above entry requirements.